Sunday, April 21, 2013

The New Shangri-la Plaza Mall East Wing

The first time I set foot at Shangrila Mall's East Wing was last Tuesday at Justice's launch event (more about that in a future post).

New Shangri-la Plaza Mall East Wing
Today, hubby and I decided to take the kids there since we were going to check something out at Rustan's Department Store. No, the department store is still in the old mall but almost all levels of the new wing is annexed to the main building. The first thing we saw coming up from Shangrila East Wing's basement parking was Gelatissimo.

New Shangri-la Plaza Mall East Wing
Beside it is Me & U, a shop that sells couple stuff if you're into matching clothes and other things with your partner.

New Shangri-la Plaza Mall East Wing
Incidentally, the golden ex-couple of blogging Seph and Shai modeled for Me & U. I still wish it could've worked out between them as they seemed so perfect together.

New Shangri-la Plaza Mall East Wing
On this level, everything on the list you see is open except for Bread Talk and Wee Nam Kee (not sure about Krispy Kreme as I didn't go out of my way to look for it). Maple is an interesting restaurant which was pretty full during lunch.

New Shangri-la Plaza Mall East Wing
On a higher level, I was happy to see two beauty brands I love -- Kiehl's and Shu Uemura.

New Shangri-la Plaza Mall East Wing
Lots of fashion brands in Shangrila's East Wing too -- Guess, Elle Girl, Justice...

New Shangri-la Plaza Mall East Wing
Yes, Justice... a boutique chain especially for kids, tweens, and teens from the USA. More on that soon!

New Shangri-la Plaza Mall East Wing
I saw shops like Geox and Esprit, and soon to open ones like Superdry, Stradivarius, Banana Republic, and lots more.

New Shangri-la Plaza Mall East Wing
There's gonna be a big Muji store too.

New Shangri-la Plaza Mall East Wing
Whoa, my favorite shoe shop, Geleia, is now in Ortigas! I bought most of my Melissa shoes from Geleia in Trinoma. This is so much closer to me, hehe!

New Shangri-la Plaza Mall East Wing
I liked the Arena store, there were Hello Kitty swimwear for my daughter!

New Shangri-la Plaza Mall East Wing
Here are some more establishments that have opened.

New Shangri-la Plaza Mall East Wing
Shangrila's East Wing reminds me of Hong Kong malls.

New Shangri-la Plaza Mall East Wing
The public bathrooms are tucked away at every level's corners. There are a lot... some are paid lounges while some are free to use. This one is free.

New Shangri-la Plaza Mall East Wing
Since there aren't too many people yet, it's immaculately clean.

New Shangri-la Plaza Mall East Wing
There's toilet paper and water but no soap. I hope they put some in the future.

New Shangri-la Plaza Mall East Wing
Crumpler is open but Digital Walker is coming soon. They're from the same group.

New Shangri-la Plaza Mall East Wing
Yup, the soon to open establishments outnumber the functional ones for now. The Spa has a sizable space blocked off in this wing already.

New Shangri-la Plaza Mall East Wing
There's Penshoppe...

New Shangri-la Plaza Mall East Wing
Even Serenitea is opening soon!

Hubby and I actually had lunch at Ikkoryu Fukuoka Ramen which is also located here some days ago, but I'll be blogging about it separately.

As early as now I'm really liking this new wing because it's very spacious and the air-conditioning can actually withstand the extreme summer heat outside. Can't wait for more establishments to open! Hoping for Strip, Browhaus, Watami... I was actually told that IHOP will be opening its second branch somewhere here. Oh yeah, sometime into my picture-taking spree one of the mall's security men wearing a blue barong told me taking photos is not allowed.


Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.

Let's stay connected:

blog comments powered by Disqus

Blog Widget by LinkWithin