Wednesday, February 6, 2013

MoMo Cafe at Ayala Triangle Gardens

Last January 22, I was invited to a food sampling at MoMo Cafe in Ayala Triangle Gardens. It's actually not my first time to dine at MoMo because I've been to their Eastwood Mall branch a couple of times.

MoMo Cafe at Ayala Triangle Gardens
Anyhow, I love the interiors of MoMo Cafe in Ayala Triangle Gardens. There's a lot of natural light to go around so it's bright and cheery.

Watermelon and Green Mango Shake at MoMo Cafe Ayala Triangle Gardens
I ordered a drink which came highly recommended -- Watermelon and Green Mango Shake (P120, pictured above). I was actually curious as to how that combination would taste but it was surprisingly refreshing. The light sweetness of fresh watermelon blends quite well with the sourness of green mangoes. The result is a drink that's just perfect... fruity, clean-tasting, and not overly sweet. Whoever thought of combining these two fruits together is a genius.

MoMo Gourmet at MoMo Cafe Ayala Triangle Gardens
For starters, we had The MoMo! Gourmet (P295, pictured above). I love salads with vinaigrette dressing and this one is no exception. Roasted garlic shiitake mushrooms, candied walnuts, fresh white cheese, arugula mixed greens, sliced oranges, and hard-boiled egg are drizzled with raspberry balsamic vinaigrette. It tasted so fresh and yummy!

Beef Tapa and Crispy pork Garlic Fries at MoMo Cafe Ayala Triangle Gardens
Next up was Beef Tapa & Crispy Pork Garlic Fries (P225, pictured above). I've had a lot of variants of french fries but this was way off the charts! Tasty juicy pieces of beef tapa and crispy pork bits top crispy fries... then it's all drizzled with green onions, sour cream, and cheese sauce! I'm so sure my hubby and kids would love this dish.

Roasted Beerhouse Blue Mussels at MoMo Cafe Ayala Triangle Gardens
Then there was Roasted "Beerhouse" Blue Mussels (P275, pictured above). These mussels are so rich, flavorful, and well-cooked... bathed in melted butter and cheese sauce... sooo good, and I'm not even fond of shellfish!

San Francisco Style Seafood Pesto Cream Linguine at MoMo Cafe Ayala Triangle Gardens
"San Francisco Style" Seafood Pesto Cream Linguine (P395, pictured above). Tomato-based yet slightly spicy and creamy, this linguine has a generous amount of shrimp to boot.

Slow Roasted Herb US Roast Beef Fingers at MoMo Cafe Ayala Triangle Gardens
Last but not least, Slow Roasted Herb US Roast Beef Fingers (P495, pictured above) were brought out. Incredibly tender fall-off-the-bone and melt-in-your-mouth beef is served with smashed potatoes, onion rings, and roasted sweet corn on the cob. This is definitely for sharing!

Cappuccino at MoMo Cafe Ayala Triangle Gardens
I had to have a Cappuccino (P110, pictured above) to help me wash down all the delicious food I tasted. Good as is, it went really well with dessert and I didn't have to add any sweeteners.

MoMo Deep Fried Oreo and Cornflakes at MoMo Cafe Ayala Triangle Gardens
For dessert, we had Mo!Mo! Deep Fried Oreo and Cornflakes (P175, pictured above). Oreo cookies are coated thickly breaded with cornflakes and then drizzled with chocolate sauce. Crunchy outside and soft inside, it's surprisingly not overly sweet. I think it would go really well with some vanilla ice cream, hehe!

Milo % Mamon MMMMmmmm Good at MoMo Cafe Ayala Triangle Gardens
And here's proof that desserts are limited only by how far your imagination can go... Milo & Mamon MMMMmmmm Good! (P175, pictured above). Two mamons are stacked one on top of the other then glazed with condensed milk and then topped with lots of Milo powder and a dollop of whipped cream with a cherry on top. I was amazed by how everyday stuff I can find at home can combine to make such a yummy dessert! :D

All in all I had a really wonderful lunch experience at MoMo Cafe. They never fail to deliver good food and good service plus the place is just perfect for lounging and catching up with friends. I know I'll be back soon because they're one of the establishments I can use my Enjoy Philippines card at. :D


MoMo Cafe Ayala Triangle Gardens, Makati Avenue, Makati City 621-6161


Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.

Become a Facebook Fan for updates from Animetric's World.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Blog Widget by LinkWithin