Friday, January 18, 2013

My Sample Room experience + TIGI Bed Head Stick!

I believe I've posted about Sample Room prior to its formal opening. The site was still under construction back then but I could feel everyone's excitement and anticipation for the unique service it was going to offer.

TIGI Bed Head Stick from Sample Room
Sample Room is now up and running and I must say, I've been very impressed with their brand line-up so far -- Laneige, Shu Uemura, Kerastase, Bobbi Brown... wow! These brands are admittedly on the high end of the price spectrum so it makes sense to try them first before committing yourself to the full-sized product.

Anyhow, one of the products that caught my eye at Sample Room was the TIGI Bed Head Stick. I don't have too many hair products so I decided to use up all my Sample Room points (100 pts) to get it. I'm not worried about because after you receive the product you ordered, all you have to do is post your review to replenish the exact number of points you spent. The possibilities are endless! :D

TIGI Bed Head Stick from Sample Room
At Sample Room, you choose the product you want and pay only for shipping which costs P100 per order. If you can fit 2-3 products into the 100-point limit, then even better because you still pay the same shipping cost. My TIGI Bed Head Stick arrived a couple of days after order placement. It came in a cute brown paper bag with the Sample Room logo.

TIGI Bed Head Stick from Sample Room
It was sealed too! How adorable is that?

TIGI Bed Head Stick from Sample Room
Tadaa! It's a full-sized TIGI Bead Head Stick! This retails for P1,500 so yeah, P100 on shipping is money well-spent. This pretty much beats all the boxes I've tried out since one single product alone is worth 15x the shipping cost.

TIGI Bed Head Stick from Sample Room
To be honest, I had no idea what the product was for when I ordered it. All I knew was it was for styling hair. XD

TIGI Bed Head Stick from Sample Room
It's actually hair wax in solid stick form. It smelled like pomade when I first opened it.

TIGI Bed Head Stick from Sample Room
You push the bottom of the container to get more of the product. Don't overdo it though because you can't push it back inside the tin without ruining it when it's out.

TIGI Bed Head Stick from Sample Room
Since my hair has a natural wave, this is how icky it is air-dried after shampooing. I usually have to blowdry it into submission.

TIGI Bed Head Stick from Sample Room
I rubbed the wax stick onto my hair's surface. It coated my hair with a sticky film. If you'd like to slick back your hair this can work because it gives a sleek wet-looking finish with hold. It's great for keeping stray hairs in check when you're wearing a style that requires pulling your hair back.

TIGI Bed Head Stick from Sample Room
Since I don't wear my hair slicked back, I decided to blowdry the part where I put the wax. I had an easier time taming the awkward wavy roots compared to when I blowdry without using any product. After a couple of passes with the hair dryer my hair was relatively tame and manageable. The pomade-like scent turned into a natural musky perfume scent after being exposed to the hair dryer's hot air. This product is very economical because you only need a swipe or two to cover specific hair sections that need it. My hubby was able to use it to style his hair as well.

TIGI Bed Head products are available at selected partner salons like Basement Salon, Emphasis, Essensuals, Henri Calayag, and Studio 546.

Overall, I was very very happy with my Sample Room experience. I got exactly what I wanted and I got it quickly!

Do sign up at Sample Room if you haven't already. You just need to keep close tabs every time they announce new samples or restock older ones because they run out really fast!


Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.

Let's stay connected:

blog comments powered by Disqus

Blog Widget by LinkWithin