Detox in a Bottle by Nadine Tengco
First of all I'd like to greet all of you a belated Merry Christmas! I couldn't get myself to blog or go online yesterday because I wanted a break, hehe! I've been eating and eating this December because of all the Christmas parties and gatherings, not to mention all the food gifts we've been getting. Before I knew it, I was already feeling heavy and bloated. Controlled as I am, my body could no longer keep up with all that I was taking in. Thus when I was asked to try Detox in a Bottle, I scheduled it for December 20 -- right smack in the middle of the holidays! I just wanted to detoxify so badly that I couldn't wait until January to do it.
- 8am - Bottle 1 "Energy Blast" Smoothie / 8oz distilled water / (optional) herbal tea or organic coffee
- 10am - Bottle 2 "Chili Lemonade" + Ground Flax or C-lium
- 12nn - Non-Dairy Soup / chewable papaya enzyme tablet / 8oz distilled water
- 2pm - Bottle 3 "Kidney Cleanse" / 8oz distilled water
- 4pm - Bottle 4 "Liver Detox" / (optional) herbal tea
- 6pm - Bottle 5 "Gingerade" / 8oz distilled water
- 8pm - Bottle 6 "Salad in a Bottle" / 8oz distilled water or herbal tea
The soups vary by day:
- Day 1: Non-dairy Cream of Pumpkin Soup
- Day 2: Roasted Bell Pepper Soup
- Day 3: Non-dairy Cream of Carrot Soup
- I urinated frequently, at least 2-3x every hour or even more.
- Even if I wasn't really eating anything for 3 days I had regular bowel movement and I felt like I was really emptying everything that was stuck in my digestive system.
- I would feel really hungry in the afternoon. I actually fantasized about food. The temptation to eat was sooooo great because I had all these Christmas goodies at home -- Gigi's Custaroons, J.Co Donuts, cupcakes... my scheduling was pure torture. I was told I can take a few saltine crackers, preservative-free rice crackers, or seaweed snacks if I couldn't bear it anymore.
- I caved a couple of times due to hunger and had a few pieces of fresh kiwi. O_o
- I was able to work in the office while cleansing, I brought my bottles in an insulated container with ice packs. I think the fact that I was active and on-the-go while cleansing caused me to experience a greater level of hunger.
I noticed that after Detox in a Bottle, food that I would eat had a stronger and more defined taste. I think it's an effect of cleansing the palate. The juices all taste good too, I didn't need to chase them down with cold water and I could actually drink them slowly and leisurely... even the hardcore green stuff. During my first juice cleanse (another brand) I chugged the green things down like there was no tomorrow because I couldn't bear to drink them slowly. XD
Detox in a Bottle costs P2,500 a day for the Weight Loss formula and P2,000 a day for the Cleanse formula. You do it for a minimum of 3 days and a maximum of 5 days. For orders and inquiries, please contact Nikki Angangco at 966-3393 or 0917-5556479.
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Let's stay connected:
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
A skincare-obsessed 40-something mom who refuses to look it. I eat, I shop, I conquer! Game on!