Monday, April 30, 2012

Uniqlo Hello Kitty T-shirts!

When I was in Korea, I bought a few shirts from Uniqlo. Uniqlo is a Japanese chain which sells good quality clothing at reasonable prices. Uniqlo will actually open their first branch in the Philippines this June 2012 at the SM Mall of Asia.

Uniqlo UT Hello Kitty shirt
Anyhow, I bought a black shirt and a gray shirt. I also bought a kiddie version of the gray shirt for my daughter. These Hello Kitty shirts are part of Uniqlo's UT Project which was launched in Harajuku back in 2007. UT Project aims to make shirt-shopping convenient by offering a wide variety of colors and designs for all ages and genders. When I was in Korea, there were Hello Kitty, Snoopy, and Disney UT character shirts available for women.

Uniqlo UT Hello Kitty shirt
Each Uniqlo UT Hello Kitty shirt costs 24,900 won (around P950). The Disney ones are cheaper at 14,900 won (around P570).

Uniqlo UT Hello Kitty shirt
The Uniqlo Hello Kitty shirts feature designs by different artists. My first Uniqlo Hello Kitty shirt was designed by Takehiro Natsuyama, also known as "cookieboy". He turns everyday objects into cookies. I love the way he made Hello Kitty cookies on the shirt. They look 3D when viewed.

Cookieboy's works
Here are some samples of cookieboy's works. So cool! I love it. I wonder how his cookies taste though.

Uniqlo UT Hello Kitty shirt
My second Uniqlo Hello Kitty shirt was designed by marini * monteany, a Japanese design duo comprised of Tomohiro Noda and Mayu Shinozaki. They illustrate books and picture books. They also produce their own merchandise and run their own shop called MOLINTIKA. I feel that their designs sport a certain fairy tale-ish quality that would be good for children's books.

marini * monteany's works
Here are a couple of samples from marini * monteany's gallery.

Hellosmile Project
When you buy a Uniqlo UT Hello Kitty shirt you are actually supporting a good cause. Uniqlo donates 30 yen from the sale of each shirt featuring Hello Kitty to Hellosmile, a cervical cancer prevention and awareness campaign.  

I just found out Uniqlo Philippines will be selling these for P790 each -- cheaper than the Korean retail price! Woot!


Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.

Become a Facebook Fan for updates from Animetric's World.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Blog Widget by LinkWithin