Let me present Lancome UV Expert GN-Shield BB Complete SPF 50 PA+++... whew!
Harry Potter star Emma Watson is actually endorsing this which is both good and bad. Good because she looks so flawless and what girl wouldn't want that, right? Bad because she's caucasian, possessing a totally different skin type and tone from us Asians. Thus there's only one way to find out if this will work for me! :)
I got Lancome UV Expert GN-Shield BB Complete SPF 50+++ in shade #01 which is considered the universal shade. There is a darker shade available, you will know because it's marked as such in front of the tube. Anyhow, I was surprised because the cream wasn't as light-colored as I expected.
It's actually light beige in terms of color. This is actually what's dubbed by Lancome as the universal shade. It goes on very smoothly and feels very light on the skin, I liked it immediately even if I wasn't finished putting it on my face, haha!
So this is my face before and after BB application. My skin is naturally pinkish/reddish so in order to get an even tone all over I need to use BB cream or foundation.
I super love the bright, flawless finish! It makes skin look exceptionally smooth and supple. There's no cakey or greasy effect too. This is hands down one of the best BB's I've tried.
What I like about Lancome UV Expert GN-Shield BB Complete SPF 50+++:
- It spreads very easily and feels light on the face, so much so it's easy to forget you have anything on.
- A little product goes a long way so one tube can last for months.
- It's got SPF 50 PA+++ so you don't need to use a separate sunscreen.
- It brightens your face instantly so you get a glow right after application.
- The BB "settles" into your skin so it looks even more natural after a couple of hours.
- It can replace foundation only for casual daytime use (provided you don't have major flaws to cover) as it provides sheer to light coverage.
Downside? It costs higher than most BB creams from Asian brands. Lancome UV Expert GN-Shield BB Complete SPF 50+++ costs P1,995. It's worth it though because I estimate that with daily use it can last for at least 3 months so that's P665 a month. When it comes to my face I don't skimp because I only have one and I intend to give it the best care possible, hehe!
Lancome UV Expert GN-Shield BB Complete SPF 50+++ is available at:
- Lancome Boutique at Greenbelt 5
- Lancome counters in Rustan's Makati, Shangri-la, and Alabang
- Essenses at Power Plant Mall