Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hello from Seoul, South Korea!

Hello everyone! It's been a very loooong day for me because I flew out of Manila at around 1am this morning en route to Incheon. We were able to book really cheap tickets from Cebu Pacific last year (around P5,500 per person roundtrip). Thus, despite the impending rocket launch by North Korea, The Club decided to push through, hehe. All the following photos were taken with Instagram because I'm too tired to plug in my digicam and transfer pics. Mobile uploads are so much easier. XD

Seoul, South Korea on Instagram
We could not check-in our hotel right away because check-in time is 2pm and we arrived in the morning. Anyhow, I love our hotel. Yes the room is small but wow, the location is the ultimate. It's right smack in the middle of Myeongdong shopping district. Each guest floor even has a business center sponsored by Etude House. You can use the computer and the printer for free plus play around with a variety of Etude House nail polish while you're at it!

Seoul, South Korea on Instagram
My daughter promptly got a nail makeover courtesy of Tales from the Tummy's daughter, hahaha!

Seoul, South Korea on Instagram
We spotted a mobile fruit vendor selling Korean strawberries for just 5,000 won (around P200). Wow... they were big, red, juicy, and naturally sweet! Such a pleasure to eat as is. I hope we chance upon him again tomorrow! These are hands down the best strawberries I've ever had.

Seoul, South Korea on Instagram
Our hotel is literally flanked by beauty boutiques -- Skin Food, Etude House, Nature Republic, Tony Moly, Missha, and even my favorite Laneige! There are also beauty brands that haven't reached Philippine shores yet -- Espoir, Innisfree, The Saem... so much to check out and so little time! Shops like Uniqlo, H&M, Zara, and Forever 21 are also all around!

Seoul, South Korea on Instagram
We had dinner at this Korean restaurant where they cook everything in front of you. I can't remember the details right now but don't worry, I'll be reviewing our hotel and posting about all the yummy food in the coming days!

Seoul, South Korea on Instagram
I hauled in a lot of stuff from Uniqlo today for myself and my two kids, hehe. Lots of really good bargains. For example, I was able to buy my daughter a nice pair of capri denim jeggings for 7,900 won which is about P320. I love it!

I'll share more about my Korea adventures in the coming days. For now I need to get some sleep because we were practically up all night and all day hehe.

Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.

Become a Facebook Fan for updates from Animetric's World.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Blog Widget by LinkWithin