Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Taking the Marie France Pro-Plus 100-Day Challenge!

I was at my heaviest ever in the year 2011. My sedentary lifestyle of zero exercise, food events, and spending a huge portion of time in front of the computer had finally caught up with me big time. Everywhere I went friends, relatives, and acquaintances would tell me how fat I had grown. Some would even ask if I was on the family way. It was a really depressing time and had I possessed low self-esteem I probably would have just locked myself up at home where no one would see me.

Marie France Pro-Plus 100 Day ChallengeI took a fitness challenge in November 2011 which entailed working out at a gym for a month and drinking a fat-burning beverage. I lost around 5-6% body fat and I was starting to fit into clothes that had gotten too snug. But it wasn't enough. I was still not at my ideal body weight range.

Last month, I was invited by Marie France Philippines to undertake their 100-Day Challenge for the Pro-Plus Program. In simple terms, Marie France promises that you will lose at least 10% of your body weight or they'll give you your money back.

Marie France 100 Day ChallengeI went in for a consultation with Marie France's doctor. I was measured and weighed. It was determined that I would fall within my ideal weight range if I lost 10% of my current body weight. My weight loss program would consist of two types of treatments: Physique Inch-Loss and FMS (Fat Mobilization System). Then I would need to limit my calorie intake to 1,500 calories a day.

Physique Inch-Loss at Marie France PhilippinesCome treatment time, you are ushered into a room with a recliner, cabinet with mirror, and a machine if your session calls for it. This is the Physique Inch-Loss machine.

Physique Inch-Loss at Marie France PhilippinesThese circular pads are strapped to your waist and either your upper body or lower body. Since I do cardiovascular workout with an exercise bike when I'm not undergoing treatments, I figured I'd need it more on my upper body (arms, back, midriff) so I always opt to target those areas. After the strapping is done, the machine is turned on and you feel tingly electric pulses massaging your muscles. The intensity will be adjusted depending on how much pulsing and pressure you can take. I was told that 15 minutes of Physique Inch-Loss has the effect of 225 sit-ups. One session lasts 20 minutes. You do it while lying down. It's very relaxing and I always doze off during this treatment.

Fat Mobilization System FMS at Marie France PhilippinesMy other treatment is the FMS (Fat Mobilization System). Developed in Switzerland, FMS eliminates as much as 2,000 calories per 25-minute treatment. Basically while in your undies, you are wrapped in freezing cold, wet, and mentholated cloth bandages like a mummy. The wrapping progresses gradually -- starting with the waist and upper legs on your first session and then moving on to cover your whole body by the 5th session.

Fat Mobilization System FMS at Marie France PhilippinesWhen your whole body is wrapped, the bandages will crisscross on your back. It's very very cold. I feel like I'm fighting hypothermia every session and I remain wrapped for 25 minutes. I move around to ward off the freezing feeling. I jog in place, jump around, etc. I play Tiny Tower and other cellphone games or check my email and social networking accounts to pass the time. Thank goodness for free wi-fi connection at Marie France! After 25 minutes, I am unwrapped and free to go. You can't take a bath for the next 5-6 hours as to maximize the effect of FMS and to keep your body temperature from changing drastically.

Marie France PhilippinesThe rooms are all equipped with call buttons and remote controls in case you need assistance.

Food Diary at Marie France Philippines

I was also given a food diary.

Food Diary at Marie France PhilippinesI'm supposed to record everything I eat and the doctors would compute my caloric intake every session. It's really much easier to control your food intake by keeping a diary. On my worst days I consume 2,500 calories and I'm being very controlled at that! I really try my best to stay within the recommended 1,500 calories but it's a lot more challenging for me since I cover food events.

I go for treatments 3x a week and my regimen consists of alternating FMS only and FMS + Physique every session. I've been on the program for 3 weeks now and so far I've lost nearly 5 lbs! I'm definitely fitting into my clothes a lot better now and I've been able to wear jeans that used to be too tight already.

What I like about Marie France Pro-Plus Program:

  • It takes less time to do treatments compared to other alternatives-- 45 minutes total for FMS + Physique Inch-loss.
  • All you have to do is show up for your appointment and they do all the work.
  • All the staff are very courteous and helpful.
  • There are no physical limitations. I've encountered a lot of elderly women (aged 50 and up) at the center waiting for their turns at these treatments.
  • The doctor sees you after almost every session to track your progress so the program is more focused and intensive.
  • You get your money back no questions asked if it doesn't work for you.
Downside? Of course, a program of this caliber doesn't come cheap. After I gave birth to my first child in 2001, I actually enrolled at Marie France afterwards. They had a buy 1 take 1 promo for treatments at the time. These days, they periodically offer 50% off on treatments so it's a good idea to follow @MarieFrancePhil on Twitter and like Marie France on Facebook to keep updated.

For more information about the Marie France Pro-Plus 100-Day Challenge, log on to http://www.mariefrance.com.ph/ or call 894-2639 for a free consultation.


Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.

Become a Facebook Fan for updates from Animetric's World.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Blog Widget by LinkWithin