Monday, January 23, 2012

Gluta-C Intense Whitening -- putting the products to the test!

I was invited for an evening of fun and pampering at Freyja Day and Nail Spa last December 2011 by Gluta-C, a local skin whitening brand endorsed by the now super fair-skinned actress Jodi Sta. Maria. I've seen Jodi during her pre-Gluta-C days and I can assure you that she's not what you'd call maputi (white). Not dark, but definitely not maputi.

Valerie Concepcion, Jodi Sta. Maria, and I @ SM Hypermarket MandaluyongJodi Sta. Maria for Gluta-CNow if Jodi's Gluta-C promo materials are any indication of the current state of her skin tone, you can now describe her as maputi. Of course, I have yet to see her in person again because I know too well how lighting and make-up can make anyone come off as fair-skinned.

Alyanna Martinez for Gluta-CAnyhow, back to the Gluta-C event. Fashion stylist Alyanna Martinez gave a brief talk on personal style, giving us tips on how to highlight our best features. She's living proof that you don't have to be model-skinny to look good. It's all about working with what you have -- wearing clothes that fit properly, accessorizing, choosing the right footwear... of course, being at your best includes having flawless skin!

After Alyanna's talk we were given a brief product orientation and some of us got treated to a Gluta-C Facial. We couldn't all do it at the same time so I chose to go ahead with the Vanna Goddess Whitening Hand and Foot Spa.

Vanna Goddess Whitening Hand and Foot Spa at Freyja Day and Nail Spa

The treatment involved pampering my feet and hands.

Vanna Goddess Whitening Hand and Foot Spa at Freyja Day and Nail SpaI'll blog about this treatment in detail on a separate post as we're here to talk about Gluta-C.

Vanna Goddess Whitening Hand and Foot Spa at Freyja Day and Nail Spa

All I can say for now is my hands and feet got a real treat!

Gluta-C Intense Whitening productsGluta-C has a complete line of skin care products formulated to whiten, nourish, and protect your skin from the sun. All the products use Glutathione and Vitamin C as the main ingredients. There's soap, toner spritz, day cream, body moisturizer, and night serum.

Gluta-C Intensive Whitening Body MoisturizerFor this post, I decided to give the Gluta-C Intensive Whitening Body Moisturizer a test run. My skin has been very dry ever since 2012 started and regular sunblock isn't cutting it. I need something that will protect me from the sun AND moisturize my skin at the same time.

Gluta-C Intensive Whitening Body Moisturizer

Upon opening the bottle, a light and refreshing citrus scent greeted me.

Gluta-C Intensive Whitening Body MoisturizerGluta-C Intensive Whitening Body Moisturizer is heavier than regular lotion, notice how it doesn't run after dispensing from the bottle.

Gluta-C Intense WhiteningIt looks thick and creamy but it actually spreads easily and absorbs quickly. A few moments after massaging it into your skin it's completely gone with not even a hint of greasiness. Your skin also feels soft and smooth right after application. I really like the light, fresh-smelling citrus scent. It has SPF 25 so it's good for daily use. I don't recommend this for serious extended sun exposure like going to the beach or engaging in water sports (you will need something waterproof/sweatproof with a higher SPF for those activities) -- but this is sufficient for your daily traverse like driving/commuting to work.

A 125ml bottle of Gluta-C Intense costs P164.75. It's available at leading drugstores and department stores nationwide.

The Gluta-C Challenge!I went swimming a lot last December and so I've darkened quite a bit from my original skin color. The watch mark on my wrist proves it. I'm putting Gluta-C Intense Whitening products (soap, moisturizer, and the night serum) to the test by using them on my arms to see if they can whiten enough to even out my skin tone. I guess I'll see if it's effective after a few weeks? :)

Have you tried Gluta-C? How did it work for you?


Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.

Become a Facebook Fan for updates from Animetric's World.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Blog Widget by LinkWithin