Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Dove Damage Therapy for my hair!

I've always loved Dove hair care products. I'd stock up during trips to Hong Kong. Around a week or two ago, I saw the Philippine Dove Hair Therapy FB page and Twitter account materialize. I was really excited because it only meant one thing -- Dove hair care products have finally made it to Philippine shores!

Dove Damage Therapy ReviewIt was very timely since I was slated to make my monthly trip to the supermarket that weekend. Needless to say I immediately set out to find Dove hair care products. I was only able to buy the shampoo, conditioner, and hair treatment mask. I also wanted to get the overnight repair and the 2-step treatment but they weren't on the shelves!

I bought six products total -- blue (Intense Repair) and pink (Straight & Silky) variants of shampoo, conditioner, and treatment mask from Hi-Top Supermarket. Prices are as follows:

  • Dove Damage Therapy Shampoo (P101.50)
  • Dove Damage Therapy Conditioner (P98.50)
  • Dove Damage Therapy Treatment Mask (P198.50)
Dove Damage Therapy Hair Treatment Mask ReviewDove Damage Therapy Hair Treatment Mask comes in a tub. They were aggressively sampling this in Hong Kong when I went there last March 2011.

Dove Damage Therapy Hair Treatment Mask ReviewIt's very thick and creamy plus it has this strong yet mild scent. Doesn't make sense right? You have to smell to understand how I can describe it that way!

My freaky hairMy hair was at its worst. It was dry and well... "crunchy". I guess it's because of all the chemical treatments I subject it to -- straightening, coloring... then there's also heat styling. It was made worse by a particular brand of shampoo and conditioner which I will not name. In the spirit of giving the brand a chance, I've tried all their variants (except the one for falling hair) and all yielded the same result -- sticky hair when wet, really dry and unmanageable when dry. Di talaga hiyang.

Dove Damage Therapy ReviewSo I immediately used Dove Damage Therapy when I got home from the supermarket. I couldn't stand my hair anymore. The moment I used the shampoo, I immediately felt the big difference. My hair was already smooth and slippery while wet in the shower, it was unlike the sticky feeling most other shampoos often leave my hair with. Since my hair needed lots of repairing, I used the treatment mask instead of the conditioner. I knew how it would work since I brought home some from Hong Kong last year. I was quite happy with the immediate results after use.

Dove Damage Therapy ReviewMy hair was instantly softer, smoother, and more manageable. The strong yet mild scent kept it smelling fresh all day too.

Dove Damage Therapy hair care productsYey no more rough, dry, and unmanageable hair! Now if only I could get a hold of the 2-step treatment and the overnight repair. Even my hubby loves the shampoo!

I love Dove Damage Therapy hair care products. The best part is, it's now available in leading supermarkets and department stores nationwide! <3


Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.

Become a Facebook Fan for updates from Animetric's World.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Blog Widget by LinkWithin