I got these Nivea Fruity Shine lip balms from an event some time ago. I was happy because I wanted to do an in-depth review and well, I had four variants to work with!
I like the bright and cute packaging.
There are four variants as far as I know: Pomegranate, Strawberry, Cherry, and Pink Guava. If you notice the tubes are bigger than the usual lip balms you'll find in drugstores and department stores. It's hard to believe that these cost only P80 each. I'm so amazed at how Nivea can keep the retail price down and not sacrifice the quality of their products (like Nivea Express Hydration Body Lotion for instance).
The shades range from dark red to pinkish coral.
I swatched them on a piece of white bond paper instead of my arm because it's easier to see the colors this way. From left to right it's Pomegranate, Strawberry, Cherry, and Pink Guava.
So this is me without any make-up or anything on my lips.
These are my lips with Nivea Fruity Shine Pomegranate. It's supposed to be the darkest shade but it really looks natural. My lips just look moist.
This is the look of Nivea Fruity Shine in Strawberry. It's slightly brighter and more peachy in terms of hue.
This is Nivea Fruity Shine in Cherry. This time I applied some day cream and powder on my face so the lip balm looks a bit more make-up like. Still natural-looking though, not at all lipstick-y. I didn't do Pink Guava anymore since the change in my lips were not obvious so it's the most "colorless" one of all in terms of effect.
What I like about Nivea Fruity Shine:
- All the variants leave your lips with a very natural-looking hint of color and a bit of shine so it's great for everyday use.
- Lips look naturally moist.
- It's got SPF 10 to protect against the sun's harmful rays.
- The fruity and yummy scents are so much fun!
- It feels very light on the lips, as if you're not wearing anything. No heavy film.
- It's only P80 per tube yet it's bigger than most lip balms so it'll definitely last longer.
Nivea Fruity Shine is available in leading drugstores, department stores, and Watson's branches nationwide.
Have you tried Nivea Fruity Shine? What do you think? :D