Thursday, December 29, 2011

J.Co Donuts & Coffee is coming to the Philippines!

I got a delicious preview of something great coming over to Philippine shores this March 2012. My blog post title gives it away, haha!

J.Co DonutsTruth be told I've never had J.Co donuts before. It's probably because I've never been to Indonesia, where J.Co originated. J.Co Donuts & Coffee stores can also be found in Singapore, Malaysia, and more recently Shanghai, China. That said, I honestly did not know what to expect. I mean, I've had Dunkin Donuts, Mr. Donut, Gonuts Donuts, Cello's, and Krispy Kreme. Truth be told, none of them ever left me wanting more... well except maybe Cello's cheese donuts.

J. Co Donuts Al CaponeNow here comes J.Co donuts. The first box I opened contained a dozen of J.Co's best-selling Al Capone donuts.

J. Co Donuts Al CaponeAl Capone donuts are covered in white Belgian chocolate and generously topped with almond slivers. The delicious aroma wafted out as soon as I opened the box.

J. Co Donuts Al CaponeCheck out J.Co donuts' signature soft bite. It's best eaten right out of the box for that incredible softness. Once refrigerated, you can recreate this effect by microwaving on high for 8-10 seconds. I was in heaven with J. Co's Al Capone donut. It's not overly sweet and the creamy white Belgian chocolate and almonds complemented the pillow-like donut perfectly. It's soooo good with a cup of hot coffee. I had to control myself not to have two in one sitting and I worked out every single day over the holidays just so I could afford to taste the different variants. All other donuts I've had just pale in comparison.

Assorted J. Co DonutsThe next two boxes contained an assortment of donuts. The donuts without holes are filled with everything from matcha green tea cream to peanut butter to cappuccino cream filling.

Assorted J. Co DonutsAssorted J. Co DonutsPersonally I loved Heaven Berry (the pink one with a white swirl) as it's soft donut filled with a tangy strawberry cream that tastes kind of like strawberry ice cream. My hubby's pick is Green Tease, a donut topped with matcha green tea frosting and filled with matcha green tea cream. You can clearly taste the deep flavor of green tea!

Assorted J. Co DonutsMy son finished the Chocolate and Strawberry Caviar donuts (Strawberry Caviar is shown up close in the photo above). The "caviar" is actually tiny crispy cereal balls. Meanwhile my daughter liked Black Jack, the chocolate coated donut.

I love how J. Co donuts are soft, fluffy, and not overly sweet. They're really perfect. <3

J. Co Donuts & Coffee will be opening its first Philippine store at The Strip in SM Megamall on March 15, 2012. The first 200 customers to visit the store starting 9am will get a special treat so mark your calendars and save the date! :D

Keep yourself updated by liking J. Co Donuts & Coffee Philippines on Facebook!


Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.

Become a Facebook Fan for updates from Animetric's World.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Blog Widget by LinkWithin