2011 in review... a year-ender post from Animetric's World!
First of all, I'd like to greet everyone a Happy New Year! I'm reviewing my 2009 and 2010 year-ender posts as I write this, haha! I'm also looking over my 2011 blog archive. I will formally mark my 3rd year in blogging a couple of months from now. How time flies!
- Becoming a professional make-up artist -- it started with a personal make-up course at Maquillage Professionnel and ended with me graduating from a professional course at HD Studio.
- My daughter started her own blog at http://keibox.blogspot.com -- she doesn't get to blog too much when there's school but at least she's trying. She was only 6 when she began.
- I discovered BB creams! I'm so addicted. The best one I've tried is Laneige Snow Essence Balm SPF33 PA++.
- I put on contact lenses for the first time in my life. XD
- I did quite a bit of local travelling... I actually visited Baguio decades after I last went and I found myself in Bataan for the first time too! XD
- My blog now gets over 10,000 unique visits a week. Around this time last year it was half of that. :D
- I took up basic photography and I'm happy to say that I can now operate a DSLR in full manual mode. :p
The photo above was taken yesterday, 30th of December 2011. It's the closest I have to a full body shot, hehe! My goal is to attain a "fit" level of body fat, better than the average level that I've reached at present. I simply refuse to be the fat girl in 2012.
One very important thing I've learned in 2011 is the only one who can make you over is you. I used to have this obsession with with makeovers. I would join contests promising makeovers and well... in truth there are no quick fixes or instant results (except maybe Photoshop :p) to be honest. If you're overweight, you will need to discipline yourself to exercise and eat in moderation. Want to look better? Learn how to highlight your best features. You don't need to go got make-up school to do that, you've got the internet and a horde of youtube videos at your disposal! Is everyday a bad hair day? Get a pro to give you a good cut! It's really all in your hands. :)
I think I've prattled on for quite a bit now. I'd like to thank everyone of you who take time out to read my posts and With all the best wishes and happy thoughts in mind, I'd like to greet you all a Happy New Year!
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Become a Facebook Fan and keep up with the latest happenings in Animetric's World.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
A skincare-obsessed 40-something mom who refuses to look it. I eat, I shop, I conquer! Game on!