Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY!

I experienced the world's first Sony Playstation-certified Android smartphone last October 4, 2011 during an intimate launch event at Mango Tree Bistro in Greenbelt 5.

Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAYOf course I was excited! I've owned all the incarnations of the Sony Playstation because I'm an avid gamer. At a glance it looks just like a regular Sony Ericsson Xperia phone.

Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAYAh, but a full Playstation controller slides out from under the blue Android screen! It's actually reminiscent of the Sony PSP Go.

Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAYWhat's more, the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play comes preloaded with a whopping six (6) full games: Bruce Lee, Crash Bandicoot, FIFA 2010, Madden NFL 11, Star Battalion, and The Sims 3. There will be more Playstation-certified games available for download on the Android Marketplace (both paid and free). Upcoming titles include Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light and Lode Runner.

Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAYI volunteered for an on-the-spot gaming contest wherein the first one who beats Bruce Lee gets a chance to answer the trivia question.

Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY Yes, I beat him first and our team won a bit later. I owe it all to my button-mashing skills where fighting games are concerned. I used to play Mortal Kombat, Tekken, and Street Fighter just to see the individual character endings.

Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAYSony Ericsson Xperia PLAY highlights:

  • built-in 5.1 megapixel camera
  • Sony Ericsson music player
  • Android 2.3 Gingerbread
  • 1Ghz snapdragon processor -- it's 3x more powerful than a regular PSP!
  • pre-installed games
  • bundled with car charger, screen protector, and leather case
SRP: P19,990

What do you think? My 10-year old son exclaimed "I'm going to buy myself one of those when I grow up," when he saw the pics. :p


Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.

Become a Facebook Fan for updates from Animetric's World.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Blog Widget by LinkWithin