Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Catwalk Cosmetics Eyeshadow and Blush Runway Palette by Marj Sia

I was super excited when make-up artist extraordinaire, fellow blogger, and cute shobe (little sister in Chinese) Marj Sia asked me to try her very own Catwalk Cosmetics Eyeshadow and Blush Runway Palette. I always lug around several palettes to class or make-up sessions because I find that no single one houses all the colors I need. I have a blue palette, a green one, pinks + purples, browns and bronzes... but really, they are so heavy to carry around all at the same time.

Catwalk Cosmetics Eyeshadow and Blush Runway PaletteCatwalk Cosmetics' logo reminded me a bit of the chic fashion brand Baby Phat. I love the simple black and silver color combination used for the casing and the cute custom-fitted mini shopping bag it comes in.

Catwalk Cosmetics Eyeshadow and Blush Runway PaletteOpening the palette reveals a rainbow of colors, including shades you don't see everyday like Geisha Red, Green Tea, and Juicy Orange.

Catwalk Cosmetics Eyeshadow and Blush Runway PaletteThe palette contains a whopping 15 eyeshadows and 3 blushes, so just by carrying this around you more or less already have at least half of your make-up needs down pat.

Catwalk Cosmetics Eyeshadow and Blush Runway PaletteAt first glance, the bright colors are bound to make you think high fashion and avant garde. But no, this palette is so much more versatile than that. With it I was able to create a no make-up look, a traditional bridal look, and a Sucker Punch-inspired smokey look.

Swatches from Catwalk Cosmetics Eyeshadow and Blush Runway PaletteCatwalk Cosmetics' level of pigmentation (highfalutin term for amount/intensity of color) is impressive. You only need to apply a little to see the colors appear on your skin. They are very easy to blend too. Ease of blending is very important to me because I take pride in creating clean make-up looks. I've worked with make-up that require layer upon layer of application before you see anything so this cuts your working time and product consumption to about half.

Avant Garde look created with Catwalk CosmeticsNeedless to say this palette is perfect for high fashion and avant garde looks. I used red, orange, and yellow eyeshadows create a fire-inspired eye look in make-up class. The black lines were drawn using Fanny Serrano by F21 Gel Eyeliner and Charm Pro's Angled Liner Brush.

Bridal look created with Catwalk CosmeticsBut I wanted to really test the versatility of this palette and so I used it for the bridal look I came up with. I used the matte brown and bronze/gold eyeshadows, but since I needed three shades of brown and there were only two, I had to combine them with a darker shade of brown from my Shu Uemura custom palette. With a light hand, you can actually use the black eyeshadow in place of a darker brown.

Smokey Sucker Punch eyes created with Charm Pro Makeup Brush Set and Catwalk CosmeticsThen there's my Sucker Punch-inspired smokey look. For this one I blended Catwalk Cosmetics' black, gray, and silver eyeshadows (all three colors on the first column from the left of the palette). Then I created a bold cat's eye with Fanny Serrano by F21 Gel Eyeliner. The final touch was applying false eyelashes.

Sucker Punch inspired look using Catwalk CosmeticsWith that I transformed my bride to a smokey-eyed hybrid of Amber and Blondie from Sucker Punch. I custom blended two shades of Maybelline lipstick plus The Body Shop's sparkly Cranberry lip balm for the icy peachy pink shade on her lips.

Sucker Punch inspired look using Catwalk CosmeticsCatwalk Cosmetics Eyeshadow and Blush Runway Palette is available for a very reasonable P1,100. Seriously, I've bought smaller palettes with less colors for much more than that so I will tell you right here and now that this is worth every single cent.

To order, text 0917-8929289 or drop by http://www.facebook.com/cwcosmetics.


Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.

Become a Facebook Fan for more updates from Animetric's World.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Blog Widget by LinkWithin