Tuesday, August 9, 2011

ChaTime in Greenhills!

To date this is the my third time at ChaTime. ChaTime Banawe was the first branch I visited and I had a very unpleasant experience there. I ordered Pearl Milk Tea with 30% sugar and ended up vomiting a few hours later. ChaTime Pioneer Center was a lot better -- I had Taro Milk Tea there and I didn't suffer any side effects.

Chatime GreenhillsSometime last week hubby and I decided to try ChaTime in the Greenhills area, specifically Wilson Street. It's a small place with limited parking out front... it can accommodate maybe a maximum of 2-3 cars? Anyhow we learned that this branch and the one in Banawe are owned by the same entity. :p

Chatime GreenhillsHubby ordered ChaTime Grass Jelly Roasted Milk Tea (P95 for the large size, pictured above left) while I picked Taro Milk Tea (P90 for the large size, pictured above right). For additional P15, you can add pearls, grass jelly, or pudding to your order (I added pearls to my Taro Milk Tea). For P20 you can add coconut jelly, rainbow jelly, red bean, or aloe vera.

Chatime GreenhillsI opted for 30% sugar at the order-taker's recommendation, something that I regret since I wanted 0% sugar. She told me it would be too bland or matabang. Since I added pearls, the syrup made the drink sweeter. Let this be a lesson to me. Anyhow I like ChaTime's Taro Milk Tea because they use real taro to make it, not purple-colored taro flavoring. You can even chew on the taro bits in your beverage and it's not overly sweet if you compare it with those bright purple drinks we're more exposed to. Hubby's ChaTime Grass Jelly Roasted Milk Tea was pretty good too -- very light and milky.

Chatime GreenhillsFor snacks they have two types of food items available -- Squid Balls and Peppered Chicken. I wanted Squid Balls but they were not available so we had to settle for Peppered Chicken (P70, pictured above).

Chatime GreenhillsPeppered Chicken is basically breaded cubes of chicken that is seasoned with pepper. I had a total of two pieces, hubby had the rest. I don't really like chicken and this one was no exception. I do however enjoy eating Serenitea's Chicken Chops for some reason.

The sheer variety of drinks available at ChaTime make it a lot more interesting than your average milk tea place. Next time I'd like to try Matcha Mousse or TieGuanyin Tea Latte. :)


ChaTime (Wilson Branch)
207-B Wilson St.,
San Juan City (across McDonald's)
655-5797


Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.

Become a Facebook Fan for more food adventures from Animetric's World.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Blog Widget by LinkWithin