Friday, May 6, 2011

Starbucks However-You-Want-It Frappuccino and 50% off during Happy Hour!

I was introduced to Starbucks' However-You-Want-It Frappuccino last May 3, 2011. Just as the name suggests, you can now customize your favorite frap to your exact specifications. Do you want it non-fat? with soy milk? topped with sugar-free syrup? Yes, you can have it any way you want. A blogger friend of mine was even able to have a Toffee Nut Frappuccino right in the middle of summer, when you can usually just have it during Christmas.

Starbucks However-You-Want-It FrappuccinoWhen I was asked what my favorite Starbucks frap was, I immediately answered Dark Roast Frappuccino. The thing is, Dark Roast Frap was only available for a limited time some years back. Since I can't stand sweet drinks, that has always been my one and only favorite frap. The reason I was asked for my fave frap was because I was actually the one who was making it. Yes, I was going to experience what it's like to be a barista that night. I was told the closest thing I could have to Dark Roast Frap was a Java Chip Frap so that was what I wrote on my shirt.

Starbucks However-You-Want-It FrappuccinoOkay, so I was led to this makeshift frappuccino station where all the steps to make drinks were indicated. All I had to do was read and follow instructions.

Animetric the Starbucks baristaAnimetric the Starbucks baristaAnimetric the Starbucks baristaSo I donned a Starbucks cap and apron and started making my Non-fat Java Chip Frappuccino Blended Beverage. Topping my drink with whipped cream was trickier than I thought. I actually created a mini-explosion... or was it volcanic eruption?

Animetric the baristaMy drink overflowed and I had to get lots and lots of napkins in order to be able to move it onto my table.

My handcrafted Non-fat Java Chip Frappuccino Blended Beverage

I guess a career as a barista isn't in my immediate future. :p

Starbucks Happy Hour!Anyhow, I bring more good news. You can get your very own Starbucks However-You-Want-It Frappuccino Blended Beverage for 50% off during Starbucks Happy Hour -- that's 12 noon to 2pm from May 2 to May 8, 2011. Be warned that the lines get VERY long though so better find a hole-in-the-wall branch to get your fix... hehe.

Personally, I love the Soy Green Tea Cream Frappuccino Blended Beverage with just a single shot of syrup and cream base. New food offerings from Starbucks in my next post! :D

Practice creating your own frap at http://www.frappuccino.com.ph!


Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.

Let's stay connected:

blog comments powered by Disqus

Blog Widget by LinkWithin