Creating smokey eyes is one of the lessons you're taught in just about every make-up course out there. The same is true for Maquillage Professionnel. We devoted one entire afternoon to smokey eyes... a look that can be adjusted for day, night, and well... high fashion shoots. For the uninitiated, FOTD is beauty blogspeak which means Face of the Day.
- You use only one eyeshadow color for smokey eyes.
- Dark eyeshadows are needed for smokey eyes -- blues, browns, grays, blacks, and even greens. Pink and coral shades won't work as they are too light and it's possible that you'll end up with eyes that look swollen.
- You create light, medium, and dark tones via application and blending.
- You use equally dark eyeliners and mascaras to complete the look.
- False eyelashes are a plus if you want more drama.
- Since you're highlighting the eyes, cheeks and lips are kept low key.
Yes, I think I got it on the first try. I actually attended a workshop on creating smokey eyes at Center for Aesthetic Studies a few years ago and the technique taught to us was entirely different. I remember putting on layers and layers of black eyeshadow and eyeliner on my model. Maquillage Professionnel's technique requires more blending rather than application.
I used all Make Up For Ever products except for the mascara because I brought along my own L'oreal Curl Impact Collagene Curl-Fixing Mascara.
- Make Up For Ever HD Primer 0 Neutral
- Make Up For Ever All Mat
- Make Up For Ever 5 Camouflage Cream Palette
- Make Up For Ever Liquid Lift Foundation (I can't give you the shade because I mixed my own. The shade that supposedly matched my skin was out.)
- Make Up For Ever Lift Concealer 03 Neutral Beige
- Make Up For Ever Super Matte Loose Powder
- Make Up For Ever Shine On Powder
- Make Up For Ever Waterproof Eyebrow Kit 02 Light Brown
- Make Up For Ever Matte Eyeshadow in Black
- Make Up For Ever Star Powder 955
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes in Star Black
- Make Up For Ever Sculpting Kit
- Make Up For Ever Sculpting Blush in Satin Light Peach
- Make Up For Ever Lacquered Transparent Lipstick in Pearly Indian Pink
- Make Up For Ever Lab Shine in Nude
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Let's stay connected:
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
A skincare-obsessed 40-something mom who refuses to look it. I eat, I shop, I conquer! Game on!