Sunday, April 3, 2011

Mother of Pearl Treatment at Qiwellness Spa

I discovered Qi Wellness Massages + Reflexology while on assignment for Health Today Magazine. I was looking for a spa to feature and Reluctant Stylista suggested this establishment. :)

Qi Wellness Spa MakatiQiWellness is located on the ground floor of Picasso Suites along P. Leviste St. -- it's very convenient if you're working in the area. If you're coming from elsewhere, I suggest visiting during weekends so it won't be difficult to park. :)

QiWellness Spa MakatiI went in for the Mother of Pearl Treatment at Qiwellness. I was briefly interviewed at the reception area regarding any health conditions or allergies I may have. Then I was ushered in a treatment room. It was immaculately clean and well, very zen. :)

QiWellness Spa MakatiAlthough the treatment room has its own shower, you will have to go out in order to access the toilet.

Qiwellness Spa Makati ReviewFor the Mother of Pearl Treatment, my therapist prepared pearl powder made from crushed pearls and moisturizer. Before anything else, your whole body is scrubbed with Dead Sea Salt. The scrub is actually soothing because massage strokes are used. This preps the skin for the application of the mother of pearl powder which is known for its firming, anti-aging, and smoothing effect. I remember when I was young my grandmother would distribute pearl powder for my aunts to drink and they would tell me that it's good for the skin. After your whole body is covered with powder, you are wrapped in plastic to ensure that the treatment is fully absorbed by the skin.

Right after the wrapping, you will be advised to shower in order to rinse off the powder but not soap yourself. Moisturizer is applied all over afterwards. People who saw me right after the treatment told me I looked fairer in terms of skin tone.

The Mother of Pearl Treatment at Qiwellness costs P1,680 and lasts for two hours.


Qiwellness | massages + reflexology
Picasso Suites, 119 L.P. Leviste St.,
Salcedo Village, Makati City
556-1818 / 836-3688
http://www.qiwellness.net


Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.

Let's stay connected:

blog comments powered by Disqus

Blog Widget by LinkWithin