I thought the call time was 6pm but it was actually 5:30pm, having said that I was exactly on the dot as dinner was just getting started by the time I took my seat. For some reason the seats next to Tweetie were left vacant by my fellow Pond's bloggers so I ended up sitting very close to her. We had great Chinese food from Shang Palace at Makati Shangri-la Hotel.
Remember my past blog entries about the Pond's Gold Radiance line? I roadtested four (4) products in all, namely the Pond's Gold Radiance Facial Foam, Pond's Gold Radiance Day Cream, Pond's Gold Radiance Serum, and Pond's Gold Radiance Eye Cream. There are now two (2) additional products to complete the line -- Pond's Gold Radiance Radiance Boosting Cleansing Mousse and Pond's Gold Radiance Youthful Night Repair.
We had a Q&A portion with Tweetie herself. She was very hands-on in demonstrating her favorite product from the line too -- Pond's Gold Radiance Precious Youth Serum.
Tweetie uses three pea-sized drops of the serum on her face, placing one on the forehead and one on each cheek. Then she massages it all over. She uses it day and night. She likes finishing off with the serum since it has proven to be an ideal make-up base for Tweetie. I know from personal experience that the serum makes your skin texture firm and even right after application.
Pond's Senior Brand Manager Jacqe Yuengtian was there to address any questions we may have regarding the Pond's Gold Radiance line. Pond's Gold Radiance is basically Pond's Age Miracle + real gold microparticles. It utilizes CLE4, the anti-aging technology used by Age Miracle and then enhances it further through the addition of gold. Gold addresses skin problems associated with aging like wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, dullness, dryness, and uneven skin tone.
I got to ask Tweetie a lot of questions over dinner. I like her. She's very real and very down-to-earth. I like the way she makes the effort to address you by your first name and look you straight in the eye when she's talking to you. I consider getting acquainted with her as one of the perks of being a Pond's Online Beauty Ambassador. Did you know that Tweetie is already 43 years old and has 4 children? Her youngest and second to the youngest are actually the same age as my own kids -- 10 and 6.
I'd like to share some beauty advice from the supermodel herself as I've transcribed from our conversation:
- "Skin care is a big part of my routine because it's the first thing that people see," Tweetie shares. "The better condition your skin, the younger you look." Apart from using the Pond's Gold Radiance line, Tweetie makes it a point to drink 4-5 glasses of water with every meal -- hence her smooth, flawless, and well-hydrated skin.
- "Take skin care seriously. Don't wait for problems to arrive before you get into the habit." Tweetie suggests starting a serious regimen by the time you reach your mid-20's. "Getting old will eventually come," she adds.
- Did you know that Tweetie doesn't wear make-up during regular days when she doesn't have to model or attend an event? Her normal day consists of waking up at 7:30am, going to work with her hubby, having lunch together with her hubby, and then going home together with hubby. "I can't live without lip balm," she quips. Tweetie runs a jewelry business.
- Tweetie works out 6 days a week -- Sunday is her only rest day. Yup, having a svelte physique like hers takes a lot of work and dedication. "I do three things alternately for exercise: squash, running, and core training," Tweetie tells us. Does she diet? "I eat well. I don't deprive myself," she replies.
- Tweetie's favorite products in the Pond's Gold Radiance line are the Pond's Gold Radiance Precious Youth Serum (which doubles as a primer) and the Pond's Gold Radiance Radiance Boosting Cleansing Mousse. "I use the mousse to remove make-up," comments Tweetie.
Top model Rissa Mananquil was also at the dinner, but she was quietly working behind the scenes. Although she is officially endorsing the Pond's Age Miracle line, Rissa has also tried the Pond's Gold Radiance line.
When Rissa told us (there were about a dozen female bloggers present during the dinner) that she read all our blogs, I didn't think she was serious but later on I found out that Rissa herself went through over 30+ different beauty and lifestyle blogs with the Pond's team and then personally selected Pond's 2011 online beauty ambassadors. Suffice to say I was just... flabbergasted. XD
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.