Wednesday, February 16, 2011

L'oreal Base Magique Primer Review

I'm very non-fussy and straightforward when it comes to beauty. Although I've been reading make-up how-to's from Seventeen magazine (US version) since my high school days, I've never really gotten around to using or experimenting with primers -- I figured, my skin isn't flawed anyway so maybe I don't need it.

L'oreal Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer ReviewMore than two decades after, I find myself on my way to my 40's. I'm not quite there yet but I am undeniably getting closer and closer. I'm still relatively unblemished but I'm getting ready for fine lines, wrinkles, and such. I guess it helps that my skin is on the oily side so it won't age as fast. Anyhow, I got my first jar of primer in the form of L'oreal Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer.

L'oreal Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer ReviewIt's very thick in terms of consistency, in fact it's like putty. You use a primer to even out the texture of your face so that your make-up looks and stays on better.

L'oreal Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer ReviewPutty-like it is. I felt like a construction worker. I mean, they use putty to fix, fill, and seal stuff. L'oreal Base Magique does the same thing, only it does it for your face. :)

L'oreal Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer ReviewYou are advised by the package to rub the product in between your fingers to warm it and make it easier to apply. A little product goes a long way.

L'oreal Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer ReviewThis was taken after I applied the primer all over my face. No make-up yet, just primer. I liked how it found all of my face's nooks and crannies (i.e. pores, I have large pores especially on my nose area since I have an oily T-zone). The primer filled in those little potholes called pores so that I had a smooth and even surface to apply make-up on. I imagine it can do the same for facial lines.

FOTD with L'oreal Base Magique Transforming Smoothing PrimerAfter the primer I proceeded to apply a mineral powder foundation, eye make-up, and lipstick. It's my no make-up daytime look. I'll write about what I did and what products I used in another post. :)

L'oreal Base Magique Primer Review

This was taken more than five hours after I applied the primer and the make-up.

L'oreal Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer is available for P945 at all SM Department Stores, Watson's, Robinsons Department Stores, Landmark Department Stores, and PCX outlets nationwide.


Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.

Let's stay connected:

blog comments powered by Disqus

Blog Widget by LinkWithin