Friday, February 25, 2011

Carmex Lip Balm Review

Carmex. I remember the bright yellow and red tubes my grandma used to bring home from the States when I was younger. I remember not being too excited because it was so plain compared to the other lip balms with fruity flavors, names, and designs.

Carmex Lip Balm ReviewWho would've thought that two decades later, I'd be interviewing celebrities about their beauty secrets and they would always mention Carmex. In fact, two of the most recent ones I've talked to, Tweetie De Leon and Andi Eigenmann, swear by it.

Carmex Lip Balm ReviewThis Carmex Original Flavour Moisturizing Lip Balm is exactly like the one my grandma gave me a long time ago.

Carmex Lip Balm ReviewIt's in gel form, so you squeeze out the amount you need and then swipe over your lips. The original flavor is actually tasteless and scentless, it just has this minty tinge that you feel upon application.

Carmex Lip Balm ReviewIf gels aren't your thing, Carmex also comes in "click stick" form which is how the usual lip balm is packaged. This variant comes in fruit flavors like cherry and strawberry. It has SPF 15 too so its perfect for when you're spending time outdoors.

Carmex Lip Balm ReviewYou twist the bottom (click, click) in order to push up the product and then apply. Like the original flavor, the fruit flavors have that minty tinge. They smell yummy like candy too. Despite being in stick form it's actually kind of soft so I suggest using light pressure during application. Don't twist it too much because you can't make it go back down when it's way up. My daughter successfully ruined one of my Carmex sticks by twisting it continuously. XD

Carmex Lip Balm ReviewLast but not the least is the Carmex jar. Think stick of lip balm in a jar.

Carmex Lip Balm ReviewThe texture is similar to the stick type lip balm. I find it hard to use this because if I use my fingers to apply it'd be messy and I'll end up contaminating the whole thing. Meanwhile, a lip brush is too much trouble. I actually took a facial tissue to get some of the product to apply to my lips.

Carmex Lip Balm ReviewCarmex moisturizing lip balms go on colorless, giving your lips just a bit of natural looking shine. It's perfect for those days when you just want to be make-up free (or at least look make-up free). Just dab on a bit of moisturizer, powder, and Carmex and you're good to go. It's great to use with dry, matte lipsticks too so your lips don't look cracked and lined.

Now I know why celebrities love Carmex. It's very effective, unobtrusive, and very economical. There aren't any strong scents, perfumes, or other fancy stuff -- it's just what it is, a moisturizing lip balm. :)

Which Carmex is the right one for you?

1. Carmex Original Flavour Moisturizing Lip Balm (gel type)
  • You spend most of your time outdoors.
  • You're planning to use it with lipstick -- the gel formulation allows you to "mix" better, especially if you use a lip brush.
  • You want more gloss.
2. Carmex Flavored Click Stick with SPF 15
  • You spend most of your time outdoors.
  • All you want to do is swipe it on.
  • This is most convenient since it's in stick form.
3. Carmex Original Flavour Moisturizing Lip Balm (jar)
  • You spend most of your time indoors.
  • You want your lip balm to last a really long time -- this form contains the most product so it provides the most value for money.
  • You don't mind the application methods -- you're going to use either your fingers, a brush, or those little applicator scoops which don't come with the product.

All the Carmex variants cost P99.75 each. Carmex is available at all PCX stores (ATC, Power Plant Mall, Festival Mall, Robinsons Place Manila), First Aid (Greenbelt 3), Landmark (Trinoma and Makati), Robinson's Dept. Stores (nationwide), Suesh (Wilson St. Greenhills), Boracay Budget Mart, Felcris Chimes (Davao), and Red Dot (Laoag).

So which one is my favorite? I think I'm more the gel type. :D


Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.

Let's stay connected:

blog comments powered by Disqus

Blog Widget by LinkWithin