Thursday, December 30, 2010

Fanny Serrano Professionals for dry, frizzy, and damaged hair

TF (Tita Fanny) himself told me that for my rebonded hair, I needed to use the Fanny Serrano Professionals variant formulated with Indian Senna.

Fanny Serrano Professionals Protect / Anti-Frizz Shampoo and ConditionerIndian Senna is a shrub known for its healing properties. According to TF, Indian Senna extracts are incorporated into the Fanny Serrano Professionals Protect / Anti-Frizz shampoo and conditioner to give hair a glossy shine. You can identify this variant via its blue label. I finally got to test drive all the blue label hair care products -- shampoo, conditioner, and treatment.

Fanny Serrano Professionals Protect / Anti-Frizz ShampooThe Fanny Serrano Professionals Protect / Anti-Frizz shampoo is clear and has just the right consistency, meaning it's neither too thick nor too watery. It smells yummy too -- kind of like a mix of fruits. It goes on light, meaning there's not too much lather so it's easy to rinse off.

Fanny Serrano Professionals Protect / Anti-Frizz ConditionerThe conditioner is on the light side as well. It's creamy but not thick and like the shampoo, it rinses off clean in no time too.

Fanny Serrano Professionals Hair Strengthening Treatment Hair Fall ControlThe final optional step is the treatment, Fanny Serrano Professionals Hair Strengthening Treatment Hair Fall Control. It figures, for those who undergo chemical treatments like rebonding like I do, hair needs to be strong to withstand all the procedures.

Fanny Serrano Professionals Hair Strengthening Treatment Hair Fall ControlThe treatment is thicker and creamier than the conditioner. TF advises applying it after towel drying your hair and then wrapping it cellophane, a towel, or a shower cap as to completely saturate your hair. Leaving it on for at least 10-15 minutes before rinsing off will provide deep conditioning for best results. But if you're always in a rush like me, you can apply after you condition, leave it on for about 5 minutes and then rinse off.

Fanny Serrano ProfessionalsTo put TF's products to the real test, I refrained from blow-drying my hair after taking a bath. I towel dried, combed out the tangles, and watched TV. I actually fell asleep! I woke up with my hair still a bit damp so I used the cool air setting on my hair dryer to dry it completely. The photo above is how my hair looked like the next day. Quite natural I should say. :)

Fanny Serrano ProfessionalsAdmittedly, the ends of my hair are not as smooth as if I had used the heated air of my blow dryer after bath. But considering that I let it dry naturally for most part and it is rebonded, I'd say I can live with it. Love how soft my hair is, it smells so good too. :)

The Fanny Serrano Professionals Hair Care Collection is available at all Watson's outlets nationwide. All the products are below P200.


Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.

Let's stay connected:

blog comments powered by Disqus

Blog Widget by LinkWithin