Sunday, September 12, 2010

Diode Laser Hair Reduction at Skin Dermatology & Laser Center by The Spa

The Spa formally opened its very own aesthetic center, Skin Dermatology & Laser Center, sometime last July 2010... so there's now a lot more serious beautification treatments available.

Reception area at Skin by The Spa, Fort Bonifacio Global CitySkin Dermatology & Laser Center is located inside The Spa's flagship branch on Bonifacio High Street. The interiors are all white and clean -- very modern and minimalistic. It's quite comfortable lounging at the waiting area while they get ready for your treatment.

Hot ginger tea at Skin by The SpaI was early by about an hour for my 3pm appointment. I came straight from Manila Peninsula after the Downy Passion and Attraction launch which ended sooner than I expected. Since I was in killer heels, walking around BHS to pass the time was out of the question. Thus I decided to proceed straight to Skin, where I read magazines and sipped a nice cup of hot ginger tea (my favorite!) while waiting. I was there for a session of Diode Laser Hair Reduction (P4,000 for the underarms).

Consultations and treatments like this are administered by PDS (Philippine Dermatological Society) certified dermatologists at Skin by The Spa. That's the beautiful part. Lasers can be potentially dangerous so I would NEVER EVER consider undergoing something like this with someone who's not a doctor. :p

Treatment room at Skin by The SpaAround 10 minutes before 3pm, I was ushered into a treatment room and given a robe to change into. Dr. Leynes came in and introduced herself as the one who would be performing the Diode Laser Hair Reduction. She handed me a pair of goggles and told me to keep my eyes closed even while wearing them to ensure that the lasers won't damage my eyesight.

It was my first ever laser treatment of any sort. I thought they would remove the hairs via laser, but I was wrong. They shave the area and then aim the lasers at the pores, and after around 5-6 once-a-month treatments you'll be pretty much hair-free afterwards. The lasers feel like pin-pricks without the sharp edge, it was more like a tiny tapping sensation. I noticed it felt more piercing when aimed at larger pores, but overall there was no pain. The whole session lasted less than 30 minutes. A single treatment will reduce hair growth in the area by about 20%.

All in all I had a pleasant experience at Skin by The Spa. After all the horror stories I've heard about people getting burnt with lasers, I really felt I was in good hands at Skin. Almost 2 weeks have passed since the treatment and I have noticed a big difference -- still not much hair growth by this time! A package for 6 + 2 treatments for the underarms costs P 24,000.

Skin's operating hours are from 1pm to 9pm, Monday to Sunday. Call for an appointment before paying a visit. :)

Skin Dermatology & Laser Center
The Spa Wellness at The Fort
Building 8, 908 Bonifacio High Street,
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
403-8000 / 856-5858 / 856-3035

Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.

Become a Facebook Fan for more updates from Animetric's World.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Blog Widget by LinkWithin