Win a watch from Kids Watch Central!
As a mom, I can't stress enough to my children how important time is. After all, time wasted is something we can't ever get back.
I always feel that I have too many things to do and too little time, but it's really a matter of time management.
- Prioritize. When it seems that there are too many things to do, pick out the most urgent ones and start from there. In the case of my kids, the first thing I ask them when they come home from school is if they have homework. It's top priority because there is a due date. I always tell them that after all their assignments are done they can do whatever they want. I find that this instills a sense of urgency and responsibility.
- Balance. There's time for work, time for rest, and time for play. Too much or too little of each can't be good for you. Since study time is a given almost every day when there's school, I don't hesitate to let my children play after all their homework are done. It doesn't matter if it's only for 30 minutes or an hour at most. Letting them play is a way to relieve stress. I also make sure they get 9-10 hours of sleep every night. With proper time management, there is time for everything.
- Answer the question "How important is teaching time management to kids and what’s the best tip that you can share to other moms regarding teaching your child time management?" by posting a reply to the comments section of this blog post. Please include your full name and e-mail address so I can inform you if you win.
- Only one entry per person please. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
- The three (3) best answers will win a wristwatch from Kids Watch Central. Please note that designs and colors may vary and will not necessarily be the same as the watches pictured above.
- Deadline for entries is July 9, 2010. Winners will be posted 2-3 days after the deadline.
- Contest is open to ALL readers nationwide. Prizes will be shipped to provincial winners.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
A skincare-obsessed 40-something mom who refuses to look it. I eat, I shop, I conquer! Game on!