Monday, June 7, 2010

Ultra-Lipo at Zen Institute, Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila

I underwent Ultra-Lipo at Zen Institute last June 6, 2010. Unlike the traditional form of liposuction which uses a huge needle and a vacuum to suck out the fat, this one uses ultrasound waves to break down fat cells in specific body parts like the tummy, thighs, arms, and back.

Zen Institute at Sofitel Philippine Plaza HotelZen Institute, a medical spa, occupies two rooms in LeSpa @ Sofitel. The treatment room and machine with which I had my session looks something like what's shown in the photo above. Taking photos at LeSpa is prohibited, so I took this one as I was alone waiting for the other room with the actual Ultra Lipo machine was being set up.

What happens in a session is you lie down, clothes and all, on the spa bed after measurement. I told the consultant I wanted it done on my tummy. The therapist then turns on the machine and this metal contraption which resembles a shower-head with a flat surface is rubbed all over your stomach area with pressure. During the whole procedure I could here screechy sounds from the machine. I was told the more sounds I hear, the more fat was being broken down. Well, I heard a whole lot of sounds. It's not nearly as painful as Tibetan Meridian Fire Therapy at BlueWater Day Spa, but it has the same one-inch-off effect immediately afterwards. Zen Institute's Ultra Lipo is surprisingly relaxing.

I found myself going to the bathroom often to urinate after the session at a rate of once per hour. I was told its because you're actually excreting the broken down fats. I was also advised to drink lots of water to facilitate this. My tummy area also felt a bit sore for a few days after due to the massage pressure. You can do this once a week, or every 3 days at most.

Since there are only two rooms allocated for Zen Institute at LeSpa, you will have to book your treatment days in advance to get your desired date and timeslot.

Ultra-Lipo is pretty pricey, as I was quoted P60,000 for 10 sessions. I used a GC this time since it's a major commitment and I want to see first if it works. Giselle Sanchez is a fan.

Zen Institute
G/F Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila (inside LeSpa)
CCP Complex, Roxas Blvd., Pasay City
832-6957 / 551-5555 loc. 1542 & 1524

Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.

Become a Facebook Fan for more lifestyle trends from Animetric's World.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Blog Widget by LinkWithin