Friday, April 23, 2010

Sony Ericsson's "I-Share Ang Saya" Campaign

Sony Ericsson officially turned over a unique mobile education van to UNICEF last April 20, 2010. It was the culmination of their "I-Share Ang Saya" Campaign.

Sony Ericsson Mobile Education VanSony Ericsson's "I-Share Ang Saya" campaign was launched in November 2009. Visitors to "I-Share Ang Saya" exhibits in SM Malls were introduced to Sony Ericsson's mobile entertainment models -- Satio, Aino, and Kita. Buying these phones allowed patrons to help contribute to the UNICEF Mobile Education and Child Protection Program. Mall goers were also given an opportunity to help via cash donation bins.

UNICEF Country Representative Vanessa Tobin and Sony Ericsson General Manager Dennis ManzanoSony Ericsson and Ericsson jointly donated P1 million for the UNICEF program. A unique mobile education van is the result. The van is equipped with a laptop, mobile broadband access, and other communication equipment to facilitate sessions on the streets to be administered by street educators and social workers. The van was officially turned over to UNICEF Country Representative Vanessa Tobin (pictured above) during the event.

I say it's a stepped up version of 2009 CNN Hero of the Year Efren PeƱaflorida's "pushcart classroom". It's good that big companies are also trying to do their share in the betterment of our society.

Letter Day Story live at SM The Block
Guests were treated to live performances from the bands Letter Day Story (pictured above) and Eevee.

I saw some Sony Ericsson representatives going around demonstrating two new cellphones, namely the Elm and the Vivaz. Unfortunately, they didn't approach me so I wasn't able to see the phones up close.

I've been a Sony Ericsson user for a long time now, my last three cellphones have all been from SE. I was very happy with my Sony Ericsson z600i until it got stolen, and I replaced it with a Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 which I unfortunately regret. My X1 hangs at just about every opportunity and there seems to be a scarcity of apps for it. For the same price I could've availed of an Apple iPhone deal from Globe.

Hopefully the Elm, Vivaz, and the Xperia x10 I've been hearing so much about are all better than my x1.

Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.

Become a Facebook Fan for more tech stuff from Animetric's World.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Blog Widget by LinkWithin