Friday, March 26, 2010

Clinique Superdefense SPF 25 is the perfect daytime moisturizer

A fellow mommy blogger once told me that one's youth ends at 35. Well, I am 35 -- so that means I should start taking even better care of my skin so I don't start looking like a hag.

Clinique Superdefense SPF 25I don't like the sun. Sun exposure causes premature aging, wrinkles, dark spots, and even skin cancer if you're one to go around for hours on end without protection. I do not go out of the house without sunscreen for my face and other exposed body parts.

I was introduced by my fellow writer/blogger and friend The Beauty Coach to Clinique Superdefense SPF 25 last year (yes I know this is an uber late post). It's an anti-aging daytime moisturizer with sun protection, and I apply it right after I wash my face in the morning.

Applying some Clinique Superdefense SPF 25Clinique Superdefense SPF 25 is creamy in texture and yet surprisingly light when you actually put it on. It's absorbed quickly so it disappears in no time, leaving only a very thin layer of moisture on your face. It's available in combination oily to oily, very dry to dry, and dry combination. My T-zone tends to get a bit greasy so I use the combination oily to oily variant.

The thing is, I'm not the only one addicted to this product. My hubby is too! He's even more religious than I am when it comes to skincare rituals and he actually goes to a dermatologist for facials. He says it's the best moisturizer/sunscreen he has ever used on his face because it doesn't cause him to break out (he has very sensitive skin) and doesn't make his face greasy (he has oily skin, not even combination).

A jar of Clinique Superdefense SPF 25 costs US$42.50 + tax in the US and P2,900 at Clinique counters here in the Philippines. Using it daily keeps my skin well-hydrated and protected from the sun so I don't get dark spots and pigmentation problems. I don't wear make-up during regular days since I'm in the construction supply business, but this moisturizer gives my face a naturally dewy look.

Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.

Become a Facebook Fan for more beauty adventures from Animetric's World.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Blog Widget by LinkWithin