Mommy's #1 Treat by Nido Fortified
The Nestlé Club's mommy members were given a pre-Mothers' Day treat last May 9, 2009 at the Nestlé Club in Rockwell. Nido lined up a whole afternoon of activities which included a sumptuous buffet lunch, raffle prizes, a talk about the Five Expressions of Love by child expert Dr. Lillian Leynes-Juadiong, a beginner's scrapbooking workshop by Scrappin' Club's Carmel Carpio, and make-up tips by L'oreal Philippines' chief make-up artist Jigs Mayuga.
Dr. Leynes-Juadiong explained that there are five primary love languages, and in order to be able to communicate your feelings effectively, you must understand which of the five best characterizes you and your loved ones:
- Words of Affirmation - The use of words to express love. Compliments and encouragement with words help overcome insecurities and boost confidence.
- Quality Time - Undivided and focused attention, where time is spent deepening ties with loved ones.
- Receiving Gifts - The visual symbol of love, wherein one invests in tangible things to show love.
- Acts of Service - Service that is freely given.
- Physical Touch - A powerful communicator of love which includes hugs, kisses, and other forms of physical contact.
L'oreal Philippines' Jigs Mayuga gave one lucky mom a makeover while sharing make-up techniques with the rest of the participants. Nido, L'oreal, and Kiehl's also raffled off gift packs. No one went home empty-handed since yellow long-stemmed roses and loot bags containing a box of Nido Fortified, a pack of Koko Krunch, a Brainy Baby DVD, and product samples from L'oreal and Kiehl's were distributed among all the moms.
Thank you Nestlé Club and Nido Fortified for a lovely learning-filled afternoon. :D
To join the Nestlé Club, log on to http://www.nestle.com.ph/recipe/nestleclub/
To join the Scrappin' Club, log on to http://www.filstar.com.ph/scrappinclub/
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Living the good life Nestlé!
Nestlé The Joy of Wellness Fair
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
A skincare-obsessed 40-something mom who refuses to look it. I eat, I shop, I conquer! Game on!