We decided to avail of Cebu Pacific's super low fares for our family vacation. For just 45k pesos my hubby, two kids, and I were able to secure roundtrip tickets to Osaka, Japan. This is a steal compared to normal fares. A roundtrip ticket to Tokyo via PAL, Northwest, or Cathay Pacific will set you back at least US$500 per adult and 75% fare for kids.
It was our first time to fly via Cebu Pacific. We were supposed to depart at 2pm but our flight was delayed and it was 3:30pm before we finally left NAIA Terminal 3.
Things you have to know about Cebu Pacific's international flights:
- You will have to pay the travel tax at the airport, it's about 1.6k per adult. Children get a lower tax rate. You will also pay an airport usage fee of P750 if flying from NAIA Terminal 3. Bring cash -- they don't accept credit cards.
- There is no other class except Economy Class. Everyone is equal.
- Cebu Pacific flights won't provide you with food and drinks. You will have to buy everything from the attendants including drinking water. Food costs ridiculously high -- P100 for Nissin's Cup Noodles, P50 for a bag of Chippy, P50 for bottled water, and so forth. There is nothing below P50 on the menu.
- Cebu Pacific flights do not have inflight entertainment. There's no TV, music player, or anything to keep you occupied except for a copy of SMILE magazine -- their official publication. Our 3.5 hour flight to Osaka felt like FOREVER. Had I not brought the Nintendo DS I think my kids would've gone crazy with boredom. If you have an Ipod, portable gaming console, or a good book make sure that you bring it with you.
- There's a trivia game the attendants will play with the passengers mid-flight. They'll give away three (3) tote bags worth P60 each to 3 passengers who can answer correctly.
- I heard that Cebu Pacific flights are often delayed, so be prepared.
- Cebu Pacific allows only 15kg of baggage per passenger. If you are say, a group of four (4) like we were, you're allowed 60kg of baggage total. You can distribute this weight between 1-4 suitcases. Carry-on baggage limit is one carry-on with a maximum weight of 7kg per person -- you can't combine this limit, it's strictly 7kg per person.
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.